Programme Manager (Eastern Cape)
At JumpStart our vision is to accelerate the next generation of South African youth into the Digital Economy through mathematics, robotics and coding education. We work to ensure all youth, no matter where, are given this opportunity. We have an entrepreneurial culture that leverages technology and data, while keeping our focus firmly on people, community and grassroot realities. We will be supporting over 36,000 learners and close to 200 Educator assistants next year, and our interventions have had proven impact. With the support of our funders and partnership in the sector, we are busy scaling up our programmes to reach more learners.
About the Role
As Programme Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the effective day to day running of our mathematics programme across 50 schools in Chris Hani and Amathole District in the Eastern Cape. Your role includes ensuring educator assistants, placed in schools, are performing effectively and are supported , introducing improvement interventions in schools, maintaining strong relationships with school management teams and the district department, making effective programme intervention informed by the project data collected by your team on a daily basis.
- Manage field team in Chris Hani and Amathole district schools.
- Support Schools to deliver quality Maths instruction
- Maintain strong district relationships
- Monitor, Evaluate and Report on Programme Performance
- Management of Materials and Equipment
- Personal Accountability and Development
- B.Ed. degree or equivalent or higher
- 5-10 years’ work experience in Education, or similar community development
- School Management Team Experience
- Excellent communication skills and expectation management
- District Level Work Experience
- Project Management qualification and extensive experience
- Technology savvy
- Strong Work Ethic
- Excellent Problem Solving
- Solid Planning & Decision-making
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Well-Developed Leadership & People Development Skills
- Good Communication Skills
Market related salary will be paid based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Please send a motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close 30 September 2021